The Bed & Breakfast Nationwide brochure was first printed in 1988 and featured 160 homes. This has steadily grown until there are now more than 630 B&Bs throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. The brochure is widely known as “The Little Green Book” and is highly recommended. Each B&B has a coloured photograph and description, the name, address and telephone number is printed along with e-mail and web address if available.
The brochure is a FREE publication and is widely distributed throughout the world, providing guests with the security of knowing that their accommodation is with welcoming British families – many give a special welcome to guests from overseas. The brochure is also used by business travellers who are away from home overnight and need a reasonably priced, comfortable and safe place to stay – a welcome change from the “sameness” of many a hotel chain!
If you would like a copy of the brochure and are in the UK please send your name and address and 3 first class stamps to Bed and Breakfast Nationwide, PO Box 10894, Frinton on Sea, Essex, CO13 3AN and we will send a copy by return.
From abroad please email email@example.com with your name and address. We will send a copy by return and a paypal invoice for $10.00 or €5.00 to help with postage.
PDF FILES OF EACH AREA
It is possible to see a pdf file of each area if you look at the area pages. Click on the button above each map to view the entries in brochure format.
INTERESTED IN JOINING US?
We are always pleased to hear from owners of quality B&Bs who would like to join Bed and Breakfast Nationwide. Members have an entry on this website as well as in the brochure which is known as “The Little Green Book”.
If you are the owner of a B&B that
- Has no more than 6 letting bedrooms
- Is in a good location
- Is in England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland
- Is a family home with the owners living on the premises
- Has a high standard of décor and fittings
- Above all enjoys meeting people and will welcome guests from all over the world
We would like to hear from you
We particularly welcome recommendations
BENEFITS TO YOU
- Membership of a long established organisation – founded in 1988
- Network with B&Bs of a similar standard and with similar ideals
- All B&Bs are inspected and quality controls are in place
- Worldwide exposure with the brochure and website
- Inclusion on a website with other specially chosen B&Bs – not a huge directory
- Entry in a brochure with an annual print run of 200,000 copies
- Inclusion on VisitBritain websites and brochure distribution at overseas exhibitions
- Exposure on a website with search engine optimisation in place to increase visibility
- A link through to your own website
- The option of an additional webpage if you do not have your own site
- AND LASTLY belong to a small organisation with a friendly team who are keen to help you
WHAT TO DO NEXT…
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address and ask for information. Please ask for a copy of the printed brochure and we will post it to you.
PLEASE NOTE that it is our policy not to take B&Bs too close to each other. For this reason we are unable to accept all applications. However, still contact us as some B&B owners move or retire.